27 April 2011

Thor; The Avengers; Firefly Rewatch

Comic books are not my forte but I do enjoy a good superhero story or two sometimes. And Thor is a winner! I tell ya, I thought it was going to be so-so. But it surprised me. I love it. I love the look, the story, the cast and all the references. And I love the cameo appearance from Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. I thought Kenneth Branagh was definitely the best choice of director for this movie. Chris Hemsworth surprised me, I thought he was really good, I've never seen his stuff, except Star Trek. My original reason for watching this movie was Natalie Portman, she was so cute! She has such a great range and she was fantastic as Jane Foster. Great soundtrack, great SFX, great humor, great fight scenes. It was awesome!

Joss Whedon has revealed to fans on Whedonesque that the shooting of The Avengers has commenced. I think The Avengers is going to be one of the biggest and most ambitious films ever made. I think Joss is the best choice as the writer and director for the movie, because he has a huge following, he respects his work and he respects the fans. I was reading one of his interviews and he was giving writing tips, they were truly inspirational. I have no doubt The Avengers will be one of his best. With the cast this big and fans are already going nuts since the casting of Thor and Captain America (still wish Jensen is the Cap), I think this movie is going to be more epic than LOTF and it should be at least 3 hours long!


EW has an awesome report about the above photo from the set and also some minor (cough cough) information about the cast and storyline. Full story here.

May 4, 2012 is the release date for The Avengers. The madness! THE MADNESS is going to blow DC off this planet!

Last but not least, I started my Firefly rewatch. The second time is more enjoyable, I don't know why, but I guess I am paying more attention to stuff I didn't pay attention to the first time.. I also watched the first episode with the commentary from Joss and Nathan. Awesome stuff! Firefly is way better than the Royal Wedding stuff on TV this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, you know you want to! It is the Winchester way.